Sunday 28 August 2011

Reflections on Expeditions Past

At times it is amazing to think that it is nearly 8 years since Jacko and I started our row across the Atlantic, and there is hardly a day when I do not think about the experience of that long trip.  The mind numbs the pain and fear and I look back on the entire experience with a degree of fondness which is hard to articulate.


So whilst the Arctic continues to beckon and is unfinished business, in many respects so is the Atlantic.  Although re-watching the documentary does make the hairs on the back of my neck stand-up, if the opportunity ever came up to row again - would I say yes or rather could I really ever say no......answers on a postcard please (or in the comments box below).

But as a reminder to some and an eyeopener to others enjoy part 1 of the Sky News mini documentary of the row - Endurance.



Part 2 will following shortly.

1 comment:

  1. Matt, I still find it so enormously impressive that you and Jacko contemplated and completed such an epic trip. It was a truly exceptional achievement in every regard and you should be justifiably proud in what you both accomplished.

    All the best,

    AJ

    Per Ardua

    ReplyDelete